Trying to stay trim during the holidays is rough. Turkey. Ham. Mashed potatoes. Gravy. Green bean casserole. Pumpkin pie. Cookies. Hot chocolate. It’s difficult to not go for seconds and thirds, especially when all of that goodness is just sitting in front of you. I find that I rarely go for anything remotely healthy when I’m asked to bring a side or a dessert to a gathering. So, it got me thinking… maybe I should at least try something semi-healthy. It’s going to have to be easy peasy lemon squeezy too because this mom [of a 5 week old] has limited hands-free time. I decided fruit kabobs are the way to go. Adult and kid friendly, these are sure to please!
- green grapes (or any green fruit)
- strawberries and raspberries (or any red fruit)
- white bakers chocolate or almond bark
- bamboo skewers
- Prepare and rinse fruit, then set aside.
- Melt chocolate. I just use the microwave, but you can use whatever method you want!
- Alternate green and red fruits on wooden skewers. You can use kitchen shears to make the skewers smaller like I did, and you may want to snip the ends of the skewers before you serve them.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over kabobs. I like to pour the melted chocolate into a sandwich bag and cut a tiny bit of the corner off – it helps me control the drizzle!
- Serve immediately or place in refrigerator for later use.
Thanks so much for visiting, I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave a comment below to let us know if you did!